Whether it’s across town or across the country, summer is the most popular time for Americans to move. If you’re one of the millions of Americans planning on moving this season, keep reading—this post from your favorite furniture movers will cover a few tips that help ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible:
- Hire movers early: Summer is the most popular time of year for people to relocate, which means it’s also the busiest time of year for professional movers. If you’re hiring movers—which we strongly recommend—be sure to book them early to guarantee you get on the schedule at the right time.
- Get rid of things: The fewer items you have, the less time it’ll take to pack, move and unpack. When you’re packing, try to purge as many things as possible. This includes everything from old clothing items to bulky furniture pieces that you don’t care for anymore.
- Use the right-sized boxes: One of the top things moving services tell their customers is to use the correct boxes for packing. Packing a lot of heavy items in big boxes makes a mover’s job a lot more difficult, and it can even lead to an injury if you’re moving everything yourself.
- Be careful when packing: Take your time when packing up to make sure everything is safe and secure inside its box. Bubble wrap and packing paper are a crucial part of this project, especially when you’re packing up electronics, family treasures or other fragile items.
- Keep the essentials with you: Be sure to take a change of clothes, any medications, toothbrushes and any other essential items with you in the car. In case the moving truck gets lost or delayed, you don’t want to be without all of your essential items.
- Set up utilities for your new home: Before calling your furniture movers, it’s a good idea to call the utility companies at your new home and get everything set up. The last thing you want is to spend the first day or two in your new home without water, electricity, gas or an internet connection.
- Wear the right clothes: Wearing lightweight and loose-fitting clothes is the way to dress when you’re moving this summer. Additionally, avoid wearing dark colors, as dark clothes attract more sunlight and make you hotter.
- Stay hydrated: Be sure to drink plenty of water if you’re moving everything by yourself. We recommend stocking up on bottled water before your move to ensure you don’t run out when you’re unloading everything.
- Apply sunscreen: Finally, be sure to wear plenty of sunscreen if you’re moving everything yourself. You’ll spend a lot more time outside than you think, which can lead to some pretty nasty sunburns if you’re not prepared.
Call Furniture Master Moving Services Inc. today
Don’t wait one more minute to call Furniture Master Moving Services Inc. if you’re moving this summer. Our competitive prices and years of experience make us one of the best moving services in the area. Contact us right away to get a quote for your next move!